[T3] rear trunk problem

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Jan 31 06:51:14 PST 2014

Hello all. Yesterday I removed the back seat and left rear door card to gain
access to the latch panel for the rear trunk. It seems that the wire had
just jumped off of the hook in the "B" pillar in the driver's door. I
reattached the wire, with the help of a friend and a very small pair of
needle nose pliers, and bingo the trunk works like new. I did however wind
some very thin craft wire around the cable and hook to prevent it from
coming off again in the future. Not quite sure of why it came off but quick
and easy fix, less than fifteen minutes! Tahnks to everyone for your help!
Doug '73 Fasty FI "Leilani"

Glad it wasn't broke like mine was.

Dennis Stiefel