[T3] FI Normal Wear Items

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 06:47:55 PST 2014

As you can tell by my other post, I have a tip on a complete car with factory FI. I saw the car the other day and it fired right up, idled great and revved as it should.

As far as I can tell with a short glance, everything was there as it should. What I am wondering is what are the normal wear items on a 70 Square FI system? I know the pump. I would probably go with one of the Ranger fuel pumps just to have something more modern and more available. What else do I need to look for? What all am I getting myself into?

My car does still have the wiring from when it was FI. I think it would be an easy swap, and I would love to get my car back to being a true FI Squareback.

Along those lines, do the FI cars get better mileage? Once tuned and running, how dependable are they?

Adam