[T3] Oversized Fuel Injectors

Jonathan Stiles misterstiles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 09:14:42 PST 2014

I sold my '70 Squareback project to Darin Richter (new member) and I am
helping him with the restoration. I'm not going anywhere, this list is too
valuable a resource and I will own another T3 someday. :)

After doing a bit of research, we will be using larger injectors for the
1776cc motor running stock fuel pressure.

I have an extra set of injectors from a T4 motor but just want to make sure
they are the correct ones to use. I don't want to send these in for
rebuilding and find they are incorrect.

The visual difference, besides the color of the plastic, is the spray caps
are a different shape and are a bit longer than the original injectors.
Will there be a fitment issue?

Original Injectors:
Bosch Part Number 280 150 007
Yellow Plug

Type 4 Injectors:
Bosch Part Number 280 150 114
Blue Plug.

I am also sending in the T3 cold start valve for service and testing.

I will be using Cruzin Performance in Michigan.

Jon Stiles