[T3] Mechanical Fuel Pump Vapor Lock...

FE Meek ftalker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 21:17:34 PST 2014

Hi there
I've watched this thread with some amusement, as I've had carbs on my '69 Square since I've had it, (several decades...all with a stock mechanical pump),...First with Weber DCNF 40's on a 1776cc and then, as I went to 2110cc, Weber DCNF 42's..in any case, I have never had "vapor lock" in any form on this car, my T2 split window or my 356 Porsche.  While the Porsche is perhaps slightly ahead of the design curve, the suggestions for the other dual carbed vehicles, (which should be well regarded), that phenolic spacers OR, aluminum manifolds of the proper design, (read here, Berg), will prevent this carb boiling are both excellent suggestions.  There is no reason for an electric pump.  The only add-on in my Square is a fuel pressure regulator, keeping the sensitive Webers at no more than 2.5-3 PSI.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
FE Meek

Sent from my iPad