[T3] Spark Plug heat range

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jul 8 19:23:20 PDT 2014

On 8 Jul 2014 at 18:35, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2014, at 9:24 PM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:
>
> > On 2 Jul 2014 at 20:43, Keith Park wrote:
> >
> >> And Bosch numbers have changed again, good writeup.
> >> I think they are 7902 or something like that now...
> >
> > That's just a stock number, sort of like the bar code number. The
> > W8AC is still on the same package.
>
> Are you sure about that?  I haven't been able to find W8ACs for years.
> I believe current Bosch plug for our application is the WR8AC.  Me, I
> avoid the whole mess and just run NGK B5HS plugs ;)

I still have a supply of W8ACs, but you're right that Bosch now only
sells the resistor versions, WR8AC. Those are fine, and they make it
possible to switch to the non-resistor SP connectors, which I also
have in stock. I still use the old style, but using resistor plugs
means that you no longer need to worry about the resistor in the
connector opening up, since the SPs will get changed long before that
happens.

There's nothing wrong with the NGKs, but the Bosch plugs work
perfectly in our cars, so I've stuck with them rather than learn a
different system.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org