[T3] FW: radio in

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Tue Jul 15 09:29:27 PDT 2014

Beetles used a round speaker (It may be ~4"), but for under your dash, you
need a 4 x 6 oval. It's an odd size, but I have both cheap ones and medium
priced ones. A 4" round might fit well enough for a test. My cheap ones have
tiny magnets and fit easily, the medium ones

have huge magnets and are a bit of a struggle to get the original bails to
hold them in place. I don't think you'd have trouble with either one.

To use either of these as a center channel, you would first have to wire in
your L & R rear speakers. You can't do the center channel thing without the
L & Rs. You might find that just using the L & Rs alone work well enough.

I'm thinking that the cheap (small magnet) speaker might actually be better
here, because I'm guessing that it would give less sound, and not drown out
the stereo speakers. That's just a WAG, however.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

The ones out of this bug are not original to that car as well.  I'm just
going to hook one up and see what that sounds like.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)