[T3] stereo speakers

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Jul 16 20:32:23 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org [mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org]
On Behalf Of Jim Adney
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:46 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] stereo speakers

On 16 Jul 2014 at 14:22, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hey guys!  I have the same AM-FM stereo Sapphire radio that Dennis has
> in my '73 Fastback.  It sounds terrific with a pair of 6" round
> speakers that I have in the kickplates on the side of the front floor.
> I bought these fibertglass panels and covered them with carpeting
> before installing them.  The only hard part was trying to locate 8 ohm
> speakers which is what the radio originally called for.

One way out of your dilemma would be to put two 4-Ohm speakers in series, to
give you a total of 8 Ohms. If you used different diameter speakers, like a
2 or 3 inch in series with each 6 inch, this might
also give you more balanced sound, with better highs.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Yes that was what I was thinking when I just responded to Doug's post
earlier.  2 in the back and 2 up front somewhere.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)