[T3] MPGs??

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Jul 24 19:16:57 PDT 2014

I have been checking my gas mileage here lately and it's been lower than I
expected.  When I filled up a copula of weeks ago I got about 23 MPG today
when I filled up today it was 22.  This was mostly freeway and open high way
driving with an average speed around 70 MPH. This was about what I got when
I  had the 1641 with the progressive Webber back in the 80s.  I've checked
the voltage again it's 14.3 V. Going to re check the ignition timing this
weekend and I guess after that I'll check the fuel pressure.  The car is
running fine except with that slight skipping and a little smoke when it's
first started cold for the first minute which it's done since we first got
it running.  Several months ago someone suggested the fuel gage we have at
the school may be off so I guess if it checks out ok I may just get another
gage and see.  Any way is there anything else I need to check?  The engine
has over 2500 miles now on it.

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT

71 STD. Beetle