[T3] more questions on The Baroness

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jun 6 18:40:14 PDT 2014

Doubtful,you'd hear the gear whine if they got the align bore off and your
oil pressure would be in the toilet.  If you ran it without an oil with ZDDP
in it, especially if you broke it in without the ZDDP that is likely what
took out the cam, the other thing you need to do on startup is keep it
running about 2500 RPM WITHOUT letting it idle to break in the cam.

You should be able to see cam problems thru the sump though....

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"