[T3] teeny tiny part

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jun 10 15:34:10 PDT 2014

On 10 Jun 2014 at 18:14, Chris Slaymaker wrote:

> I am looking for a part for my speedometer (odometer actually).
>
> It is doughnut-shaped (a rhombus) and serves to provide a
> slip-connection between the odometer and the trip odometer.
>
> It has a little nib on the inside diameter that fits into a keyway on
> the trip odometer shaft.

I rebuild the odometers to repair the common failure, where the odo
stops working, but I'm not sure which part you're talking about. Is
it a gear? What's it made of? What year? There are lots of little
variations from year to year, so the part you need may not be the
same in every speedo.

I can probably repair your odo if you'd care to send it to me, but
that would have to be after the Invasion. The price would be $50 plus
return shipping. I don't usually have to replace any parts, but I
might want to charge a bit more if I have to scrounge parts from
another unit.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org