[T3] FI Dizzy for Carbs

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 20:12:39 PDT 2014

That's just a binary test Jim, one he has already done.

The parts aren't new and the combination isn't stock. So we're going to take some actual measurements and go from there.

We're going to find out how many inches of vacuum Adams carbs generate on his engine at this altitude under partial throttle openings. Then we will work out how many degrees of advance this particular distributor turns that signal into (degrees per inch of vacuum). We will also measure the centrifugal advance range of this particular distributor.

It's kind of like when you rebuild a speedometer. When you have the unit right there on the bench, you can test it to see if it is accurate. You wouldn't just assume it is accurate because the needle moves, right?

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/