[T3] It's not a bug!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 25 13:12:57 PDT 2014

On 25 Jun 2014 at 10:38, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> If I had gone to the invasion last week I could of asked this question.
> Maybe this is a southern US thing not sure but does anybody else have to
> deal with this. I had to get something for Clementine yesterday at a part
> store( dot 5 brake fluid because I messed up when I put the new brake light
> switches in) and the person said oh it's for that bug. I kindly said no it's
> not a bug it's a fastback and left it at that. This has happens a good bit
> over the 42 years my family had had it.

For many people there are only two kinds of aircooled VWs: bugs and
busses. I often get asked if my car is a Volvo. You just have to
smile and tell them what it really is.

As I was filling up the tank to leave the Invasion, the guy next to
me, driving some sort of big pickup, complemented me on my nice Type
3. That was unusual, but it turned out that he had a bug and a KG,
and was very familiar with the full line of aircooled VWs. That's not
the usual experience, but I occasionally get people who stop and look
at the car and tell me that they used to have one of those.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org