[T3] Marigold's story

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jun 27 12:56:52 PDT 2014

On 27 Jun 2014 at 12:50, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/27/2014 12:00:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> jadney at vwtype3.org writes:
>
> There were several generations of the Bosch Platinum plugs. I know
> that some people have had problems with some of them, but my cars all
> run flawlessly on them. I don't think Marigold's problems are SP
> problems, but I'll keep that in mind. I have plenty of W8ACs if
> that's  what she needs.

> Jim, don't forget that she doesn't have a CD ignition. That might make a
> difference with platinum plugs. Just a thought.

I was tempted to sell her a CDI, but thought better of it. I think
the platinum plugs work just fine either way, and in this case, I was
thinking that there was a slightly longer arc path on the insulator
and that this might hold off the fouling of the plugs that we had
been having all along.

In the end, however, I think we got all the real problems solved, so
any decent plugs would have worked just fine.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org