[T3] Spark Plugs & Ignitions

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Jun 28 20:17:36 PDT 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org [mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org]
On Behalf Of Daniel K. Du Vall
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2014 10:09 AM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] Spark Plugs & Ignitions

I agree on the CDI. I run an MSD 6A on my 72 right now and also gap them
more than stock. I ran the w7-w6 on my cars in Arizona never had a problem
but then again getting up to temp was never a problem there either ;-)

Engine performance and diagnosis was my best and favorite subject in school
so I am always tinkering with it. Can't wait to get to tinker with the Mega
Squirt and the many options there are with it.

Daniel Du Vall
72 Squareback
74 (Standard) bug
04 Golf TDI
99 Chevy Z71
Destination unknown!

Diagnosis and engine performance (along with electoral wiring and the
components that go along with it ) are the hardiest things I have to get my
students to understand in the automotive world.  That's is what separate the
men from the boys.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle