[T3] Marigold's story

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:11:30 PDT 2014

>The priming kits are for FI cars. Including shipping, they cost $15
f>or MT cars or $16 for AT cars. It's just a switch, bracket and
>wires, with instructions. It allows you to push a button to run the
>pump and fill the fuel lines before you even try to start the engine.
>Saves wear on the ignition switch, starter, and battery, and is a LOT
>more effective than multiple key turns to run the pump.

My '69 Square was running poorly from the time we arrived (Wednesday, 6/18)
in Victor through today.
We stayed on in Webster for 3 days ... 6/23 to 6/25; the engine still ran
poorly.
Since then we towed our Square to Ashtabula, OH where we've driven a few
hundred local miles ... also running poorly.
Tomorrow we will drive to Angola, IN to overnight, then Sunday, 6/29.
 We'll tow the Square from Ashtabula back to Lake Geneva.

Sarah had bigger problems and I did, so I didn't mention my poorly running
problems.
The Invasion "fix-it" guys had their hands full with Marigold.

But when I get back to Wisconsin, I need Jim and his Bosch FI Tester to
1.)  find the source of my problem, and
2.)  I need to install Jim's Primer Kit.

Jim;
Is the Primer Kit the *new *3-position Switch?  Or are you still looking
for a source?
I've forgotten what you said in your Tech Talk Session:
Position #1:  Spring-Loaded, momentary ON to run the fuel pump motor &
"charge" the Fuel Ring,
Position #2:  Run?
Position #3:  Engine will not run?  (Theft Protection?)

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)