[T3] DIY air conditioners

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Mar 12 08:15:54 PDT 2014

On 11 Mar 2014 at 22:33, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Thinking about doing this for long trips in the summer to set in my
> fastback's back or pasergner seat depending who is travling with me. I would
> run the fan off the cigarette lighter instead of a solor panel.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSLbpAwibg

That might work for awhile. Depends on how long the ice lasts. I like
the idea that it uses ice in a frozen milk bottle, so it doesn't flow
air directly over the ice, which would add to the humidity. You
should be able to find a fan that didn't draw too much current for
the generator to supply. 5-10 A should be okay if it's daytime and
you're not using the wipers or headlights. 10 A continuous might
overpower a cig lighter, however.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org