[T3] DIY air conditioners

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Mar 12 18:02:47 PDT 2014

Seems a good idea, and I doubt a fan would use more than a few amps of
current.  A couple of computer fans would probably work, too.

If you make some strong salt solution and freeze that in the bottle, the ice
could start off at around 0 degrees F.  It increases the cooling value of
ice by 50% or more, depending on the amount of salt used.

Type 3 friends of ours used to sell ice-cream at shows from a chest freezer
with large containers of deep frozen saltwater keeping the ice cream frozen
- no electrical generator needed!  I guess it sold out quickly on hot days,
which offset the potential problem of premature melting!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
Someone in the commits on this video suggested the same thing about the ice
cream salt.  I will start working on it soon here as summer will be here in
the southeastern US before you know it.  I think I live in a good testing
area.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle