[T3] Sliding Front Seats...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 05:59:05 PDT 2014

In a message dated 3/25/2014 6:28:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
j_jonik at yahoo.com writes:

How to find out if those holes are indeed for lubrication...with  oil?

I'm willing to bet that any holes thru the floor pan are not for  oiling
purposes. At least not in any of the type 3s I've ever owned or worked  on. As
far as I know, VW never added any lubrication points to the seats. As  Dave
so kindly pointed out, the plastic runners were designed to allow the  seat
to move (a non-stick surface if you will), along with keeping the seat
tight to the rails.

That said, I do know the holes in the bracket exist, but I suspect  they
were put in the brackets to allow the end of the bracket to be rolled  over.
In the tooling trade, we call those locator holes, for jigging purposes.  If
you're thinking you can lube the seat tracks thru those hoses, you're  wrong.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction