[T3] Getting Things Done

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun May 18 14:58:39 PDT 2014

>If it is pretty clean & complete I would advertise it in Hemmings Motor
>News if she wants a top dollar price?  Buy a copy and see what they are
l>isted for.  The Auction could only be $500-$2,000?

I *sold *my original, stock, complete 1930 Model "A" Ford Coupe with Rumble
Seat and
*listed *my Volkswagen Type 3 Squareback in Hemmings Motor News in 2010.

I received a ton of calls on both cars.

Eventually I sold the Model "A" to a guy from MN.
But I had calls on both cars from KY, MI, NY, OH, FL, TX NV, CA and other
states.

Hemmings, is kinda the "go-to" Bible for car buffs who want to buy or sell
anything auto, motorcycle, etc. related.
They have such a dedicated, widely-read subscriber list, that anyone who is
anyone looking to buy or sell cars and parts uses that vehicle.  But you
must write a descriptive, honest ad and probably include a picture, if you
want to get results.

IMHO, it pays to read a lot of ads from a copy of H.M.N. and THEN write an
ad and include all of the information which you find appealing and
completely describes the car that others are offering for sale.

You may have to answer a lot of questions, send pix, and have multiple
phone calls, but I think you'll some "low-ball-ers" but you should get
several serious buyers, too.  That's my experience.

But ... I was in advertising, sales promotion and retail sales training for
25+ years.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)