[T3] Dual Carb Shift Vacuum

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Wed May 7 06:11:00 PDT 2014

As most of you know I have been chasing a shifting issue lately. To try and
get some answers I hooked up a vacuum gauge to my manifold vacuum reading
last night. The gauge was all over the place. It was a blur all across the
face of the gauge. When you would rev the car it would settle a little bit
but not to the point that I could get a reading. What causes this?

It was brought to my attention that there might not be enough vacuum at
higher RPM's to initiate the shift from 2nd to 3rd. In my mind, I though a
LACK of vacuum initiated the shift. I could be backwards on this thinking
because closing the butterflies is what finally tricks the car into
shifting. Closing the butterflies would increase the vacuum.

I'm just looking on some pointers as to where to move from here. I was
thinking of a few things; vacuum canister between manifold and shift
modulator, drilling and tapping the second manifold to try and smooth the
signal or blowing the car up......just kidding.

I may start with a vacuum canister sometime this weekend. I have a local
upullandpay in town. This would allow me to go get one for under $10. Then
I could put it inline and see if that helps. What are your thoughts?

As far as the vacuum gauge reading, I will post up a video later. It is a
blurry sight to see.

Adam