[T3] So I was doing an oil change....

Don Robertson donrob at yachtsales.com
Thu Nov 6 00:16:35 PST 2014

Yes it does, unless the car is stored in a heated garage. The theory
is the cold causes chemical changes in the petrochemical fractions
themselves (e.g., the formation of long-chain hydrocarbon
polymers).  In English, that means waxes form from the cold.

I spent many years in the boat business, and the universal policy
from all the manufacturers was to change the oil in the fall just
before haulout, and then change it again in the spring before the
engine(s) had to do any work (anything for than idle).

At 11:01 PM 05/11/2014, you wrote:
>Oil doesnt go bad that quick, and I still need to drive it a bit before
>I do the final tuck in for the winter.
>
>Keith
>

>Topnotch Restorations
>topnotch at nycap.rr.om
>http://www.a383ina68.addr.com/radiorest/main.htm
>71 Squareback  "Hothe"
>65 Squareback  "Eggcrate"
>65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
>93 RX7  "Redstur"
>87 Golf  "Winterat"

Don Robertson - (905) 566-0000
3641 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 1V8
Skype: marinemarketplace
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else.
- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

Webmaster:
peoplepost.net - marinesurveyor.com - yachtsales.com
Click Here http://www.marinesurveyor.com/websites.html for a list of
over 100 Marine Surveyor Clients.

Listmaster
http://www.marinesurveyor.com/boatpokers/ - Boatpokers - A private
email forum for SAMS members
http://www.surveyorexchange.com/ - The Marine Exchange - The Marine
Technical Email Forum
For Professionals Employed in Marine Industries.