[T3] 6 V Generator question

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Nov 20 10:25:10 PST 2014

Subject: Re: [T3] 6 V Generator question

On 20 Nov 2014 at 11:37, Don Robertson wrote:

> I have one, a spare for my 66 Beetle.  I will try to get to it today
> and photograph all the numbers.

That's likely to be useful, but I'm still looking for info on Type 3
generators and VRs. I also just realized that there were early Type 3
12 V generators and VRs where the generators were of the smaller (same as 6
V) diameter. I could use those part numbers and specs, too.

thanks,

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Jim give me a few days or week or so and I'll try to get in-touch with a
friend who sold me the 72 square I used for parts on Clementine.  He had
both a 63 and 64 notch.  I don't know if either one still has the regulators
on them or not but I may be able to at least get some numbers and good
photos if they do. They have been just setting wasting away in his field
since the late 80s

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT (Clementine)
71 Stander Beetle Middle Son's car
67 Ford F-100 Hart of Crown Vic. (Leroy)
88 Golf Oldiest Son's car
10 Toyota Corolla Wife's car
65 Ford 4000 (old Blue)
Rainsville, Alabama