[T3] Air Pressure Sensor

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Nov 22 13:17:38 PST 2014

On 22 Nov 2014 at 9:17, Tim Keohane wrote:

> I finally got the correct air pressure sensor, ( actually I got 2 )
> and found one has only the Bosch # 0 0280 100 116, while the other has
> both the Bosch and VW ( 311 906 051E ) #'s. Both hold a vacuum ( I
> have a spare ) and the one with both #'s was installed last night.I
> will test drive it today.

They should both be perfectly fine for your '73. All of them will
have the Bosch number, but only those that came thru the VW network
will also have the VW number.

> Is there a test for the circuitry in the unit? If so what is the procedure?

Measure resistance between the 2 outer terminals and between the 2
inner terminals. One of those should read ~300 Ohms and the other
should be ~90 Ohms. Resistance between any pin and the housing should
be infinity (OL on a Fluke.)

> I have 2 "C" units I will move on. One holds vacuum, the other
> develops a vacuum but bleeds it down at 1" hg per second or close to
> that time. If any interest let me know, or I will list on the samba.

I'm potentially interested, depending on the price. PM me.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org