[T3] heater thermostats

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Nov 1 07:39:11 PDT 2014

On 31 Oct 2014 at 20:12, Keith Park wrote:

> after 344Kmi I had one of my metal tubes break off at the front bracket this
> past week, and that was with NO hose on it, so eventually time catches up
> with them even with the paper hoses on them.

That's pretty surprising, but I often find that those brackets have
been bent a few times by the time I get to them. It often takes a bit
of work to get them back in the correct shape. I've never seen one
broken, but I can imagine that one could, especially if it had been
weakened by too much previous bending.

With the Type 4 conversion, you don't get anything equivalent to
those pipes, do you? So you really don't have any choice about what
to do with the heater mixer boxes.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org