[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 50, Issue 4

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Nov 3 15:56:18 PST 2014

On 4 Nov 2014 at 9:12, holly myers wrote:

> I'm looking for seat runners or a seat track for my driver's seat (right side) Aussie
> In my type 3 notchback sedan.

If you're asking about the steel runners that were used up to
mid-'72, you should check out auto junkyards in your area. I don't
think you'll find those parts new anywhere, and they were only used
on VW Type 3s. The outer ones are the same on both sides. The inner
ones are also the same, except that the release spring is mounted on
a different end for the L & R seats.

The steel runners themselves usually don't fail, but the steel parts
of the pan that they are welded to often rust away. If that's your
problem, you'll need to get someone to repair the pan before you can
start to think about the seat runners.

If you're asking about the plastic slides that fit over the steel
runners, I have them, but they are expensive.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org