[T3] Front axle beam question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Oct 4 19:09:11 PDT 2014

On 4 Oct 2014 at 12:48, Keith Park wrote:

> Your right, maybe I grabbed a metric micrometer?
> I looked at it with the ruler again, looks like .19" if I look
> at it really carefully.

If the .404 was metric (0.404 cm or 1.591") that would make sense.
Using a ruler for fine measurements is always suspect because of
inevitable errors at the zero end. 0.404 cm would be 4.04 mm so the
4.5 to 5.5 mm setback dimension that the Bentley gives for the
bearing is probably correct. I'll modify my tool to match that
dimension.

thanks,

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org