[T3] Looking for trailer

Don Robertson donrob at yachtsales.com
Sun Oct 5 08:03:59 PDT 2014

The problem with owning a trailer that only gets occasional use is
that it will deteriorate seriously unless you have inside storage for
it.  A couple of years later when you go to use it you may have to
overhaul the brakes, clean up the wiring and maybe even buy tires,
especially if the trailer wasn't new when you bought it.  If you
store it on grass, the brake lines and frame may rust out as well.

Also, if you start with a used trailer you may even have to paint it
to avoid the attention of the various local constabularies your will
encounter on the trips.  This will likely cost as much or more than
the rentals. (been there, done that, paid through nose)

Is either of the cars in good enough shape to ride on a
dolly?  http://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/Tow-Dolly-Rental/TD/

At 10:47 AM 05/10/2014, you wrote:
>I have considered that option but being that I need to do it twice
>and one car is barely role able with the body not fastened etc. and
>has lots of misc. parts to hull along with it. I am thinking I can
>get my money's worth on a used or new trailer. Prices in Lawton
>Oklahoma are not too bad on them right now.  Along with this is not
>the first time I have had need for one so just weighing in on this idea.

Don Robertson - (905) 566-0000
3641 Wolfedale Road, Mississauga, Ontario, L5C 1V8
Skype: marinemarketplace
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to
live at the expense of everybody else.
- Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

Webmaster:
peoplepost.net - marinesurveyor.com - yachtsales.com
Click Here http://www.marinesurveyor.com/websites.html for a list of
over 100 Marine Surveyor Clients.

Listmaster
http://www.marinesurveyor.com/boatpokers/ - Boatpokers - A private
email forum for SAMS members
http://www.surveyorexchange.com/ - The Marine Exchange - The Marine
Technical Email Forum
For Professionals Employed in Marine Industries.