[T3] Hello again, update & upholstery

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Fri Oct 24 16:47:28 PDT 2014

On Oct 24, 2014, at 7:31 PM, Jim Adney wrote:

> The hardest part was fitting the new covers over the front seat
> backs. The new covers wanted to stick to the foam rather than slide
> down over the seat back. I had to cover the foam with cloth to get
> everything to work.

A little trick with the seat backs.  After setting the cover in the sun for a few minutes to soften them up a little bit, turn them inside out.  Stand the seat back with the foam/padding on it up and place the headrest of the cover on the top of the seat back and then just roll the cover down the seat back.  You shouldn't have to really slide the cover against the padding.  Much easier to get the covers on and then you just have to tweak it around a little bit to get any wrinkles or misalignment out of it.  Just make sure you get it started the right way around since you are working with it inside out it is not obvious.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com