[T3] leaky doughnut gasket

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Oct 26 06:23:54 PDT 2014

On 25 Oct 2014 at 19:26, Keith Park wrote:

> Yea, what Jim said.  I put some braze on my heaterboxes and filed it down
> before mounting the muffler last time, still didnt really get it sealed
> properly.

I've been wanting to do this for some time, but I figured I would
need a way to spin the HE in a lathe to turn the braze down to a
proper cylinder in order to get it to seal. How to fixture the other
end of the HE in the lathe has kept me from trying this.

That, and the fact that this would take a lathe with a pretty big
swing to clear that other end.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org