[T3] heater thermostats

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Oct 30 15:49:42 PDT 2014

This is the first time Clementine has had a stock muffler since 1984.  In
this time I have had no issues with the way the heater functions as long as
I kept the hoses from the fan housing to the heater boxes on.  I remember
someone on here saying at one time on here that when you run an aftermarket
exhaust and do away with the hoses coming off the elbows to the heater
thermostats that you could run the risk of the heat getting so hot going
into the duct work it could burn the paint off the rockers under the doors
(I think). When I heard this I was about to scrap out my parts car (a 72
square).  After hearing this I took the heater thermostats off it among any
other good parts that was left before we took what was left to the scrap
yard. I'm wondering should I replace the ones on it with the ones off the
parts car or just leave it un hooked like it has been for the last 30 years
and just plug off the ports on the elbows.  Right now I just have the places
on the fan housing plugged off where the elbows hook up but we are about to
get our first freeze here in NE Alabama and I mainly drive the car from
September to May ( some in the summer but no more than I have to) so I need
to get the heater hooked back up here soon.

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT (Clementine)

71 Stander Beetle Middle Son's car

67 Ford F-100 Hart of Crown Vic. (Leroy)

88 Golf Oldiest Son's car

10 Toyota Corolla Wife's car

65 Ford 4000 (old Blue)

Rainsville, Alabama

---
I forgot to ask how do you check to see if the thermostat is good?

---