[T3] Best source for stop light switches (3-prong)?

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Mon Oct 6 15:05:43 PDT 2014

My brake lights gave out somewhere along the Type 3 Rally last weekend, and after fixing some really brittle push-ons under the front luggage mat, I tested the wiring and found neither switch is closing with brake pressure.  So one was probably bad for a while and now the other has failed, so I now need two late (3-prong) switches.

I have read that most are junk, so I’m looking for recent personal experience in getting GOOD quality switches.  Anyone had success?

Thanks,
-Phil