[T3] Hello again, update & upholstery

Doug Brashear dougbrashear at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 11:37:50 PDT 2014

Hello all,
I used to be more involved in this list, but am now a regular lurker...I have a '73 Fasty that was T-boned 8 years ago, found to have more rust than expected, and have been progressive a little bit each year to get it back to daily driver (or "driver" at all) status. I finally got the engine back in and running pretty well a few days ago (with new clutch, fuel hoses, fuel pump and more) and now I'm getting my ducks in a row to have the car painted (never thought I'd get to this point).

Anyway, I wanted to ask you all about seat padding (wooooo, exciting). :-) Does anyone make "horsehair" pads for T3 seats, specifically for my stick '73 seats? I went with the foam padding last time and really don't like how far I sink in (and I'm not that heavy). After recently redoing my stock '75 Bus seats with new horsehair pads from WW I was impressed with the firmness.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!- Doug :-)Falls Church, VA