[T3] sputtering and bogging down - Update

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Oct 6 23:16:57 PDT 2014

On 6 Oct 2014 at 18:46, B Fye wrote:

> Sputtering and bogging can actually be too much fuel.

That's true, but a too much fuel situation would be worse under light
throttle and load. What I gather from Chris's description is that his
problem pops up when he's trying to climb hills or during hard
acceleration. I'm guessing about the hard acceleration part, because
Chris hasn't been very specific about when the problem occurs on the
level.

I can't think of anything that would cause the FI to provide excess
gas only under heavy load. It's still worth checking to make sure the
vacuum line to his pressure sensor is hooked up at BOTH ends and that
his pressure sensor holds vacuum.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org