[T3] Whining noise with new gen belt

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 03:32:44 PDT 2014

I don't remember ever replacing a VW dash lamp in almost 50 years, but that
might simply be bad memory! Alternatively, it may be that the filaments thin
with time, and have a higher resistance so draw less current and so less
chance of burning out.

I think I'd rather spend the money on LED stop/tail or flasher bulbs, though
I take the point about extra brightness of critical warnings like the oil
pressure light.
What do they do about the flasher bulbs, as the relay needs a load to
control the flash rate?  I see that the website mentions something like that
in connection with an alternator charge light.

They would also be handy for 6v systems in a 6V version, where excessive
voltage drop due to higher currents is more likely.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club
snipped

>> I will add that I use LED dash lights, so there is zero lag in the
>> light.
>
> Where do you get lights like this?

http://auto-hub.com/type-3/

---