[T3] Squareback in S. Illinois?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Apr 6 19:19:18 PDT 2015

Melissa and I just got back from a trip to New Orleans. We took the
train, The City of New Orleans, just out of interest in what a
longish overnight train trip would be like. It was nice to be able to
watch all around us as we passed thru lots of different kinds of
countryside.

One thing I THINK I saw was 3 old VWs behind some farm buildings a
few hundred yards east of the tracks, just north of Carbondale, IL.
That's in southern IL. There were 2 old Beetles and one yellow
Squareback.

Anyone know those cars and their owner?

And now for something completely different:

Oh, and BTW, it's half-time in the NCAA final game. WI Badgers vs.
Duke. The last time the Badgers got this far was before I was born,
so you KNOW this was a long time ago. I don't normally follow sports
much, but Wisconsin seems to have a bunch of truly admirable guys
playing this year. So I'm rooting for them. Win or lose, they've been
great. Good luck guys!

and, back to your regular programming....

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org