[T3] Re Automatic to Manual

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 16:13:25 PDT 2015

My '71 T-3 was an Automatic, but it's now Standard.  But that was done with Standard stuff "donated" from a '72. Not much difference.   Maybe a '68 presents different problems.
I found that wiring differences were fairly easily managed.  Sorry, I forget what I did about the "brain box" but I think I brought that along from the '72 parts car.
Tricky part was putting in the tube through the floor hump to contain the clutch cable.  From the donor car, one can pin-point where to spot-weld that cable tube to the inside of the hump.   I had to cut two metal flaps into the hump to get access to where the weld spots would go.   A welder came to my yard to do the spot welds.  And I think I remember another little weld at the rear, where the cable tube comes out of the hump.
The cut-out metal flaps just got folded back down (with hammer) and sealed up.

As for pedals, '71 and '72 standard pedals fit where the Automatic pedals were. No problem there. Dunno about '68 to '72.

Then, you gotta find an ashtray with a Standard shift diagram instead of Automatic. Good luck.