[T3] Rear Brakes

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Apr 13 20:27:38 PDT 2015

On 13 Apr 2015 at 21:32, Keith Park wrote:

> Well the 71 is out and BOY does it feel great to be back in an aircooled
> again!

;-)

> Had a rear wheel cylinder go though, can someone look up
> the proper part number for the 71 rear wheel cylinders
> and brake shoes?  I want to keep a set in stock for it for moments like
> these,,,

I have rear cyl kits, rebuilt rear cyls, and rear brake shoes.
Frankly, I've never had to replace a rear cylinder. Unless the bleed
valve is broken off, just hone it ON the car and put it back
together. Most of the time you can get away without even replacing
any parts; just clean them up with a paper towel, lightly lube with a
SILICONE grease, put it all back together, and bleed.

If the brakes seem to be staying one, consider the possibility that
the rear hoses have failed and are clogged. I have new replacements,
including the RR, which no one else has.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org