[T3] Any List Members in Eugene OR

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Apr 14 21:54:31 PDT 2015

On 14 Apr 2015 at 21:31, Craigs List wrote:

> Here are the pics.
>
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3scmv7LTNgSfk0yWjNqMFlBWjBKUVU1Y21CZ3A2NEhqVWZ1S0xZRmtVUzhOYjN2b3I2ckU&usp=sharing

It looks pretty rough, and we don't get to see any of the usual rust
problem areas. I'd like to see if there's anything left of the rocker
panels as well as what things look like inside the wheel wells and
under the back seat.

The seat belts are replacements and the front seat covers have been
replaced. They look good, but the buttons have been left out of the
seat backs.

There are rust-thru holes in some odd places, like under the rear
license plate, under one of the headlights, and just behind the LR
tire.

At least some of the carpet is missing. We can't see much of it. I'm
guessing that it all got water damaged and thrown out. Expect water
leaks.

The trunk floor is rough. The FI brain cover is probably installed
wrong, letting water in.

The rubber gaskets we can see are toast, as is the dash.

Can't be sure, but there is probably rust-thru into the trunk from
the front wheel wells.

No photo of the engine: FI or some kind of carb conversion?

There's a spare (?) knob of some sort stuck against the windshield in
front of the speedo. The reading (77777) on the speedo seems like an
extraordinary coincidence.

Torn headliner. No spare tire. No trim rings on the road wheels.
Wheels have been painted, or they are the wrong (Beetle?) wheels.

The oil dipstick cap sits in a recessed area. I've not noticed that
before. Is that a fasty thing?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org