[T3] Air Cooled.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Apr 15 06:18:05 PDT 2015

On 15 Apr 2015 at 6:24, Jim Rambo wrote:

> Is there a way to positively identify what motor I have in my trike?

There are 2 things you can do:

You can post a photo of the engine somewhere on the web and send a
link to that photo to this email list. (You can't send a photo
directly to this list.) From the photo, we can tell you some details
about the engine: whether it is a Beetle or Type 3 engine, etc.

You can find the engine number off the engine case and post that
number to this list. From that number we can tell you where this
engine originally came from and what it was originally.
Unfortunately, it's probably been rebuilt several times, so there's
no way to know for sure what's in it now. Things like displacement
and the cam could have been changed without any external signs.