[T3] Idle cutoff valve

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sat Aug 8 04:59:05 PDT 2015

On 7 Aug 2015 at 23:38, Craigs List wrote:

> What is the part number for the 32 pdsit cutoff valve? One of mine is
> acting up. Time to replace it.

What's it doing? If it just doesn't seem to be opening, there may be
other causes: Check your connections. I had the impression that these
were fairly reliable.

I had problems with these on a Mercedes many years ago, and
eventually figured out that the ground end of the solenoid was
grounded by being pinched under a crimp at some point. I figured out
where to tap it with a hammer to re-make that connection, but that
was only after cutting the first one apart to find out what had gone
wrong.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org