[T3] Front beam grease zerts

Jon Stiles misterstiles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 16:16:00 PDT 2015

I second Jim's and Gary's advice. Type 3 and Type 2 VW's need front beam lubrication at EVERY oil change.

The Type 2 & Type 3 have very high load surfaces next to the Type 1 Beetles.

Grease is cheap insurance. I was very happy Gary was able to use the nearly pristine '72 beam I was given off a parts car. These T3 beams are getting rare! Save your car, Grease, Grease, Grease!

BTW, non-tapered 6mm, 5mm & 4mm zerks are commonly available through most auto parts stores. So if you find your threads in the beam are stripped, re-tap and use a non tapered version.

Jon Stiles

This message sent through a wormhole across time and space...