[T3] Front beam grease zerts

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Sun Aug 16 19:30:04 PDT 2015

On 16 Aug 2015 at 18:06, Craigs List wrote:

> Let me know how much you want for a couple of them. I am in need.

I can give you a couple for $5, including shipping. That's basically
nothing for the zerks plus my min shipping charge.

> I am also searching for a oil fill cap. The topper to the oil fill that the
> oil bath air cleaner vents to. Mine was on there the other day and then
> gone today. I guess it was tired and retired.

If you're talking about the plastic plug that's on top of the
rectangular breather box, that's NOT an oil filler cap. It's intended
to stay in place permanently. If you don't have the regular Type 3
filler pipe, then you must have a Type 1 engine that's been put into
Type 3 service. That cap won't stand to be removed and replaced
repeatedly. It will come loose and fall off, just like you've
experienced.

If that's the situation you're stuck with, I don't know what to
recommend. You may have to find some sort of plumbing plug that will
withstand repeated removals. Check with your local hardware store.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org