[T3] Let's Talk Seat Bases

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 05:53:20 PDT 2015

"There's no difference in those until the 1972 modifications, which don't
fit the earlier models."

Are you saying that seat bases from 72 on won't physically fit in early
cars, or are you saying that the movement mechanism is different? If it is
the movement mech, that might be my problem.

"the little hook on the cable end fits in a hole in the seat-back release
hook"

This is correct. I have the little hook on the end of the cable in the seat
release. What I am having trouble with is a place to mont the cable itself.
I will snap some pictures in a few minutes and post them up.

"When removing the seats, there's a spring to press down to allow the seats to
come off forwards."

Yes sir. I have had them out already. I do still have the plastic tracks in
place. The passenger seat seams wedged onto the track. The drivers' seat
comes right out.

Form Mike. "Tram takes off the 66-67 cables that rarely work correctly
anymore. "

Believe it or not, both of my cables and mechanisms are fully functional.
As long as I can figure out where to attach the cable on the drivers' side.
It is good to know that the cables are the same part number for either side.

Thanks for the tips so far.

Adam