[T3] Horn 70 Fastback

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Mon Aug 24 19:56:57 PDT 2015

On 24 Aug 2015 at 19:59, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Ok this answers my question as I believe based on the tests we have done
> with a DVOM this is where the problem is.  Looks like that bearing is held
> in by a snap ring.

Yes, but before you start taking things apart,  use your VOM to
verify that you don't have a connection between the wire going into
the steering column and the bearing or steering shaft.

I've never had one of those apart, but I've heard stories of people
who did and found that the plastic insulator crumbled when they
removed it. So be careful. I don't know if you can still get that
part from VW.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org