[T3] Horn 70 Fastback

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Aug 24 20:10:26 PDT 2015

Yes, but before you start taking things apart,  use your VOM to verify that
you don't have a connection between the wire going into the steering column
and the bearing or steering shaft.

I've never had one of those apart, but I've heard stories of people who did
and found that the plastic insulator crumbled when they removed it. So be
careful. I don't know if you can still get that part from VW.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org
Yes we already Ohm that wire with a DVOM and very little conductivity there.
But now you have scared about taking that out some.  May have to think on
it.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT (Clementine)
70 Fastback Carb MT (school project)