[T3] Parts Cars have to go

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Thu Aug 27 18:55:33 PDT 2015

On 27 Aug 2015 at 19:07, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Not sure about a 71 but the wipers on my 72 point to the right and the
> 70 we have for a project at school points to the left.

Yes, they changed sides between '70 and '71, which meant a change in
the motor, gearbox and linkage. Between '69 and '70 the shafts and
arms changed. Between '67 and '68 (I think) the shafts and arms
changed again.

Between '71 and '72 the switch changed, but the motor did not, but
the motor wiring may have changed to mate to the different switch.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org