[T3] Battery cables

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Wed Dec 2 16:47:28 PST 2015

On 12/02 15:34, liverbeat71 wrote:

> Has anyone ever had hard starts or non starts due to a bad battery
> ground strap or pos. battery cable? I've been unable to start my 69
> Fastback for two weeks. Yesterday I hop in, turn the key, runs like a
> a new car.Will swap out the  o.g.  worn strap/ cables. What the???

Worse than that, I've had total electrical system failure on the road
due to a faulty aftermarket positive battery cable.  Having your car die
in the middle of 65MPH freeway traffic is no fun, and quite
embarrassing.  Jiggling the cable got me back on the road.  This
happened a few times before I replaced the cable.  When I cut the old
one apart, the reason for failure was clear: corrosion in the connection
between the clamp and the wire strands.

Soren