[T3] Early front brake pistons?

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 18:15:58 PST 2015

>From the parts book the front shoes changed from 221 975 to end of 1965 year
(when discs started from Aug '65), so the thin-slot adjusters I assume are
up to Chassis 221 974 (July '63).

There was a change in the adjusting screws only for '65 models, but the
shoes didn't change.  I'm not sure how the adjuster changed though (I assume
length), but they became Beetle part numbers.

Hope that helps!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club