[T3] video of possible 70 FB project

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jan 14 06:46:32 PST 2015

On 12 Jan 2015 at 9:31, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I went over and looked at this 70 FB I have been talking about.  I have been
> told by more than one person that the wheels on this car are worth a good
> bit of money. If we go for it I would separate them from the car and sale
> them separate.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWotCHkPO4Y

Like you said, Dennis, the car looks rust-free and straight, but
there's a lot of work there still. The interior is a disaster, and
the engine will need a carb-ectomy. That center-mounted carb has got
to go. Those were just terrible.

The black bumpers aren't too bad: At least they match.

I'm afraid most people buy a car based on how it looks, so if you get
this up and running nicely, which I'm sure you can do pretty easily,
it still won't sell unless it also looks decent. Do you have any
spare parts, like seats, dash, vinyl panels, etc from your other '72
that would fit in there? (Seats and carpet changed in mid-72, so if
your parts car was an early '72 it would make a good donor.)

I've got much of what you might need up here, but I don't know how I
could get it to you, unless you were willing to drive up and get it.
There are probably lots of closer places that would also have those
parts.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org