[T3] Cable Lube

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Wed Jul 1 09:33:24 PDT 2015

On 1 Jul 2015 at 8:44, Craigs List wrote:

> I'm going to tackle a lot of routine maintenance this weekend in the old
> square. What is the preferred lube for the heater and vent cables? I want
> to lube them up.

I use moly grease (the black stuff) on any metal to metal sliding
surfaces, including all the cables.

It's messy, so you need to be careful how you apply it. I get a gob
on my finger and apply it to the cable just where it's going into
it's housing. You can also dab some in the housing opening and let
the cable drag it in as it goes. Put as much in there as you can.

Do not try to lube the whole length of cable before you start to
install it, because then it will sneak around and get that black
grease all over your interior.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org